Tuesday, September 23, 2008

75 Books Every Woman Should Read: The Complete List

So, my all-time favorite website, Jezebel (http://jezebel.com/), posted a list of seventy-five books that every woman should read. You might say it's a list of books that everyone should read, but the website's tagline is "Celebrity, Sex, Fashion for Women. Without Airbrushing," so let's let it slide. It was actually written in response to an article on Esquire called "The 75 Books Every Man Should Read," so it makes sense with the backstory. I don't have too much to say about either list (there are some I like and some I don't like and some I haven't read on both lists), but it's interesting to compare-and-contrast the two.

For the arch-feminist list:

For the man's man list:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The man's list is clearly not accurate.

Where the hell is Fight Club?

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

I'm a little surprised by that, myself. Especially when they include a book with the description, "The fart joke as literature."

Seriously, guys?

Related Posts with Thumbnails