Friday, October 10, 2008

I Done Learned English Good

Try this test if you're bored. It gives you five minutes to try to guess as many of the 100 most common words in the English language as you can. It's harder than it sounds, which explains why I got a 33%, also known as a solid F-.

Here's the description from the website: "See how many of the 100 most common words in the English language you can guess in 5 minutes... This list was compiled using the Oxford English Corpus, used by the makers of the Oxford English Dictionary [picturd left], which contains over 2 billion words of written English." http://quizicon.com/quiz?id=37

3 comments:

Chatty Cathy said...

I love this thing...I got a 47%. I am going to keep trying it until I get 100%.

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

47%? I suck...

Daniele said...

I got a 39, I resorted to going through the first vocab I learned in French class...

Related Posts with Thumbnails