Friday, October 24, 2008

The Truth Hurts

So you might have seen this already, but I thought it was worth a second showing, just for shits and grins. A friend directed my attention to this illustration that neatly summarizes, I believe, the tension between "literary fiction" and any of the "genres" of fiction--thriller, romance, sci fi / fantasy, etc.
Sad but true.*
*This is not to say that all science fiction or fantasy is good, but there is at least the potential for well-written prose and plot in all genres, not just those that the establishment deems worthy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why the hell aren't you posting anymore?

Chatty Cathy said...

I know, I mean I know you are busy and everything, but your fans are waiting.

Anonymous said...

Hells yeah! WHOOOO!

If nothing else, post how you baracked the vote.

Daniele said...

It's true, we are waiting patiently. Also, last night was freaking amazing! I was part of the masses assembled at Grant Park, people were crying and strangers were hugging, it was absolutely incredible.

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

Aw, you guys rock. And YEAH! Colorado went blue, baby! You're welcome.

Just kidding. But I was (and will continue to be) very excited.

Related Posts with Thumbnails