Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Best-Selling Books of 2008

Well, folks, it's that time of the year again--when JibJab puts out their year-in-review video and we look back at trends that have taken place over the last twelve months. Therefore, with no further ado, I present to you the top ten best-selling adult fiction novels of 2008:

1. The Shack by William P. Young
2. The Appeal by John Grisham
3. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
4. The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
5. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
6. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
7. Playing for Pizza by John Grisham
8. Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich
9. The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
10. 7th Heaven by James Patterson

To be honest, I'm surprised the the vampire-teen melodrama The Host wasn't higher on the list, as 2008 will undoubtedly be called "The Year of Twilight" by the generations to come. Unfortunately, I have not read a single book that is on the top ten list--yet. I just pciked up a copy of Water for Elephants so I can read at least one top seller. I chose this one because I have a special place in my heart for carnies.

Work Cited:

[1] "Tops in 2008: Best Selling Books, Audio Books." Nielsen Wire. http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/consumer/tops-in-2008-best-selling-books-audio-books/

8 comments:

Chatty Cathy said...

Awwww...I didn't know you had a special place for me in your heart...how sweet.

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

You and only you, my small, large-handed friend. If you could only go out of your way to smell like cabbage and onions, I'd be obsessed with you forever, haha.

Anonymous said...

Awwww...stop it, you are going to make me cry. I'll see what I can do about the cabbage smell.

Chatty Cathy said...

BTW the comment above was from me, must have hit the anonymous button by mistake.
-Also let me know how you like the book...can you believe I actually read it. The Kite Runner is also a great book, you should read that too.

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

Is there little Chatty Cathy-colored spots on every page? No? Then it MUST be good.

Chatty Cathy said...

Haha...no...I made sure never to read it while sitting up at a desk.

Homero said...

FYI, "The Host" is about symbiotic alien invaders/romance. I think your description of ' vampire-teen melodrama' is of "Twilight"

Daniele said...

I've read 6 and 7. The Kite Runner was (in my not so humble opinion) a great book with a disappointing ending. When you've read it I'll go into more detail on why. Playing for pizza was entertaining fluff, but fun for a day or two.

Related Posts with Thumbnails