Thursday, December 11, 2008

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

Check out this article from The Telegraph called "Men 'lie about books they have read to impress on dates'". While the statistics about who are the biggest liars were fairly interesting, the top reads to impress men or women were something else all together:

Top ten reads to impress a man
1) Current affairs websites
2) Shakespeare
3) Song lyrics
4) Cookery books
5) Poetry
6) Nelson Mandela autobiography Long Walk to Freedom
7) Jane Austen
8) Facebook/Myspace
9) Religious texts
10) Financial Times


Top ten reads to impress a woman
1) Nelson Mandela autobiography Long Walk to Freedom
2) Shakespeare
3) Cookery books
4) Poetry
5) Song lyrics
6) Current affairs websites
7) Text messages
8) Emails
9) Financial Times
10) Facebook

My question is this: who the hell would be impressed by someone reading Facebook/Myspace or text messages?

6 comments:

Chatty Cathy said...

My question is this: who the hell would be impressed by someone reading Facebook/Myspace or text messages?

-To answer your question...No One!

-Also, I sorry but if someone is impressed by this...then you are sad.

Anonymous said...

Wait, you're saying my myspace account and facebooking and qwerty keyboard on my phone don't impress the ladies? OHHHHHH NOOOOOO!

But it takes skill to follow trends!

Homero said...

Simple minds for make for simple pleasures...

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

I also love how both sexes lie about reading Shakespeare... it's like the Bard is the great fall-back to sound intelligent and educated.

Anonymous said...

I also love how you reference "The Bard" like you were in theatre. :)

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

Hey, I'm cultured! I know things! I can make off-hand references to the Bard and to the The-AY-ter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails