Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Not Quite What I Was Planning

Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure (Harper Collins) has an interesting premise, though the title is a bit obvious and blatant. (Oh, who cares? I'm sure that subtlety is over-rated, anyway.)

What would your six-word memoir be? I have a problem with this kind of thing, just because I tend to hope that my most important days are in front of me rather than behind me. Still, if I had to choose, I'd probably say mine would be, "She sees you when you're sleeping." Just kidding.

See if you can match the six-word memoirs to the writers:

Memoirs:
1. "Liars, hysterectomy didn't improve sex life!"
2. "Well, I thought it was funny."
3. "Revenge is living well, without you."
4. "Secret of life: Marry an Italian."
5. "Maybe you had to be there."

Writers:
A. Nora Ephron
B. Joyce Carol Oates
C. Joan Rivers
D. Roy Blount Jr.
E. Stephen Colbert


(Answers: 1 C. 2 E .3 B .4 A . 5 D)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails