Friday, February 6, 2009

Cogito, Ergo Sum

As though we needed any more proof that I am a nerd, I am happy to say that I've become the proud mama of two fishies that I have named after French philosophers: a brilliant red betta I've named in honor of the "Father of Modern Philosophy," René Descartes, and a little sucker fish named Voltaire.

While Descartes seems to have settled into the biodome that is my glass bowl fairly well, I'm a little worried about Voltaire. He refuses to eat the algae chips I bought him and there isn't enough algae on the inside of the bowl to sustain a living creature. If he dies, maybe I'll get a guppy and name it Hobbes, after the man who wrote that life is "nasty, brutish, and short."

2 comments:

Chatty Cathy said...

Wow...you got two betas on the day our beloved beta Jacque died. He was a beautiful blue fish. He was spoiled though...he only like the blood worms we got at the Malibu pet store...typical snob. I think he died because he stopped eating his food we got in the Valley.

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

I'm feeding mine pellets, but I think he's anorexic because he only eats one a day. The guys at the pet store said that blood worms wouldn't provide enough nutrition, but he's thoroughly unimpressed by the current fare.

Related Posts with Thumbnails