Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Neil Gaiman's Blueberry Girl

Why couldn't anyone have written an awesome book for me when I was a kid? Some musical artists' children have all the luck!

Here's Neil Gaiman reading his new children's book Blueberry Girl, which he wrote for Tori Amos' daughter. For those of you who don't know, Neil Gaiman is one of the big names in fantasy fiction right now, perhaps best-known for having written Stardust. Blueberry Girl celebrates girls who are different and is very positive in a pagan-goddesses-are-cool kind of way.

4 comments:

Homero said...

Sorry to get pretentious, but Gainman was already known for writing "Sandman."

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

Sorry to get low-brow, but I read the back cover of Sandman (and American Gods) and couldn't work up any enthusiasm for either of them.

But I think from now own I'll say, "Gaiman is perhaps best known as Tori Amos' friend and confidante." Just because it's funny.

Homero said...

Yeah, I never cared for "Sandman," "American Gods," or any of his writing, really, but I had to bust out the comic-geek card.

And it is funny.

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

I kind of liked Stardust, but I liked the movie much better because it had... oh, what's it called... tension. Plot. Etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails