Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Metabloggery Quote of the Day

Stumbled across this and was frankly horrified:

"Felix Salmon, who writes Portfolio's excellent finance blog Market Movers, puts it this way: 'Quantity is more important than quality. Don't be scared of being wrong, or inelegant; you have much less of an idea what your readers are going to like than you possibly imagine. So jump right in, put yourself out there." Nearly every blogger I spoke to agreed with this sentiment. If you're trying to gain an audience, you can't afford to worry over every sentence as if it were ... see, I was going to spend 15 minutes thinking of a hilarious and deeply insightful simile there, but, damn it, I'm in blogging mode and need to move on.'"

I've always sort of thought that quality was more important than quantity in all aspects of life. I would rather read one good blog post than a load of shit. Is my naivete showing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you really need to write more. I don't care if it's mindless drivel, I want more!

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

Mindless drivel... I think you're on the wrong site. You should be on TMZ.com... dude. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails