Monday, June 8, 2009

The Denver Public Library Central Branch...

... is the loudest damn library I've ever been to. In the past ten minutes, I've heard the following:
  • A man suffering from what might be tuberculosis coughing up what might have been a lung. He then spit into a Kleenex. (Why did I forget to bring my hand sanitizer?)
  • Three men standing around complaining about the long wait for computers... since I only had to wait around 20 minutes, I assume they were looking for "unfiltered" internet access. (Again, why did I forget to bring my hand sanitizer?)
  • A woman yelling at her male companion, "Shh! You're supposed to be quiet in the li-berry!"
  • A baby crying like it's being filmed for a shaken baby syndrome advert.

Am I the only one who thinks that "li-berries" should actually be quiet?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. You are.

Oh, and you didn't bring your hand sanitizer because it creates superbugs.

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

Do you think I give a crap about superbugs when I'm imagining a homeless guy's spooj on my hands?

(The answer is no.)

Anonymous said...

You're right.

The rgular bugs will do enough on their own. HIV rates are higher among the homeless.

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

Besides, the superbugs probably won't develop till after I'm dead, anyway, so the theory of self-interest really presides in this case.

Related Posts with Thumbnails