Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Speaking of Ulysses...

Well, speak of the devil! Did any of the rest of you see the article from NewScientist about how Ulysses is to be "taken off life support"? (And by Ulysses, I mean the solar probe they launched in 1992 to explore the sun's poles, of course.)

I'm sure Tennyson would agree with me that "Death closes all; but something ere the end, / Some work of noble note, may yet be done, / Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods."

(I know this really doesn't have anything to do with literature, so in an effort to tie up the loose ends, I'll quote Byron when I say that it is "'A strange coincidence,' to use a phrase, / By which such things are settled nowadays." (Don Juan, Canto VI.))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome coincidence, I say.

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

Oh, indeed, sir.

Related Posts with Thumbnails