Monday, September 14, 2009

Books on the Run

I have always felt that a book was the greatest gift a person can either give or receive. If someone gives me a book, it is because s/he either enjoyed it immensely and want to share both the experience with me as well as the subsequent conversations about the book that will inevitably occur. I also strive to always give books as gifts--even if someone isn't a "reader" or doesn't enjoy fiction, there is a book that can enrich his/her life if it about a subject in which s/he is interested.

For my birthday this year, my mother gave a new spin to this idea--she sent me an MP3 player loaded with audio books she has listened to in the past and thought I would enjoy. She has given me hours and hours of entertainment/distraction, which will be very handy when the weather is bad and I'm trudging in snow for an hour a day.

Anyway, my point is this: there are numerous ways you can give a book as a gift.

3 comments:

My blog said...

I hope that you enjoy them. Love you.

Homero said...

Nice. (Your favorite word, I know, there goes that California vernacular again,) Spill the beans, what books were on there?

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

All will be revealed in time... as I listen to them and write about them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails