Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Recommendation for Cozying

Ah, me. The days are getting shorter and the nights are getting colder. Winter approaches. I made my first cup of tea of the season yesterday and curled up on my new sofa with a blanket and a mystery novel.

I had never previously read anything by Agatha Christie, but I slipped into Postern of Fate effortlessly--in part because I feel as though I've read her books even when I haven't. Miss Marple, Poirot--they've become cultural references if nothing else. Even Tommy and Tuppence (the main characters of Postern of Fate) seemed familiar though I'd never read anything featuring them before.

Regardless, I would highly recommend reading Agatha Christie when the weather's a bit yucky and you want to curl up with something warm and comforting.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails