Friday, September 4, 2009

Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters

I don't want to nitpick, I really don't. But why the hell would Mr. Winter pick S&S to go with the theme of sea monsters when the obvious Austen novel would have been Persuasion, which actually takes place--gasp!--near the sea? If anything, Sense and Sensibility goes best with vampires, because I'm pretty convinced Mr. Willoughby might be a blood-sucker. Oh, and I'm going to copywrite that idea, so don't any of you even think about stealing it!

(Anyway, you can read this book if you want to, but I'm not going to, no matter how funny the reader's discussion guide is. Exactly how desperate is the publishing industry, anyway?)

P.S. So I've never actually heard of books having trailers before (because film trailers are for films, not books), but I also found a trailer for the afore-mentioned Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. It's actually very well-produced.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails