Thursday, October 8, 2009

Review: Stitches, by David Small

I requested Stitches from the Denver Library as soon as I first heard about it, before it even came out, and by that time I was already sixth on the waiting list.  I wouldn't be surprised if the waiting list is even longer than that by now, because I finally got my hands on a copy of the graphic memoir and it is excellent.  Completely and totally excellent from beginning to end.

Between Small's brilliant illustrations and the well-written text, I was engrossed from the moment I picked it up until I turned the last page. It was a fast read--I read the whole thing in less than an hour--but it was powerful and moving and so good that Small has probably ruined me for all other graphic novels forever.

Read this.  Now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails