Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Million Dollar Books

For those of you who have more money than sense--or maybe just more money than I do--next month a company called Profiles in History is set to auction off the copy of Through the Looking Glass, and What Alice Found There which belonged to Alice, the little girl who served as the original inspiration for Lewis Carrol's books in Wonderland.

Also at the December 16th auction will be Beatrix Potter's copy of The Tale of Peter Rabbit, "a first edition copy of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and signed, limited edition copies of author A.A. Milne's Winnie the Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner."

2 comments:

Homero said...

Hmmm... well, my birthday is on the 16th... and I do love old books... happy birthday to me!

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

I'd rather have the million bucks... then I could just buy any old first edition and claim that it belonged to Carroll himself.

Related Posts with Thumbnails