Thursday, December 3, 2009

BookMine's Stupid Quotes

Check out this collection of stupid quotes from customers who entered Bookmine, a bookstore specializing in old, rare, and out-of-print books.  Having worked in a bookstore for a brief period of time, I can easily believe that all of them were said at one point or another.

My favorite quotation, however, has to be this one:
A very nice, well-appointed lady spends about an hour browsing the stock, including the locked cases. After building a rather formidable stack of unrelated books worth over $3,500 (including some very scare Mark Twain first editions), I couldn't resist asking:
What do you collect?
Oh nothing, but I will purchase these.
(My curiosity getting the better of me) A gift?
No. I am going to use them to decorate my daughter's bathroom.
(Silly me! I failed to notice that the books were all various shades of green. This is a good thing, since the books will soon be color-coordinated with the mold).
Let me help you carry these out to your car.

2 comments:

Homero said...

My favorite...

phone call...

Hi, I have a book that is really rare.

What do you have?

It is called "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn", but it's not the one by Mark Twain.

Really! Who is it by?

This one was written by Samuel Clemens.

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

Or how about the signed copy of Sea Wolf from 1976? "Wow, he must have been really old, huh?"

Related Posts with Thumbnails