Wednesday, December 2, 2009

You Can't Fight the Twilight: Chapter Two

(For those of you who haven't yet read Twilight, here's one of the lines that made me laugh out loud: "I made the Cowardly Lion look like the terminator." Classic.)

Chapter Two
Ohmygod, Edward totally wasn't in school today, and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with me even though we didn't even talk to each other yesterday. My dad can't cook, even though he's lived as a bachelor for most of his life, and then my mom actually expected me to respond to the emails she sent me over the last several days.  She's totally unreasonably and obviously prone to hysterics.

The rest of my first week at school is really boring, with pages and pages of smalltalk and me complaining about the weather.  By the way, I'm really popular already and everyone knows my name even though I don't know all of theirs. 

Then--can you believe this--Edward Cullen came back to school and actually talked to me in Biology.  We're both brilliant and can identify phases of mitosis, which might sound interesting to read about but really actually isn't.  Then I told Edward my life story, and he actually seemed fascinated by it even though it really just makes me seem like a whiner.  He immediately understood how difficult my life is, though, which is incredibly validating for an angsty adolescent like me.

2 comments:

Daniele said...

I thought this might help you get through it...

http://microsuede.blogspot.com/2008/11/movie-review-twilight.html?zx=23f700806f7caaab

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

Haha, this book just begs for mockery of every kind. The LOLCats are awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails