Monday, January 25, 2010

Romantics Online

And I'm not talking about a dating service.

For those of you who love the Romantics as much as I do, The Guardian is having a Romantic poetry series this week featuring:
a selection of the poets' finest works, [...] excerpts from their personal correspondence and a foreword from a modern-day admirer, with Christopher Hitchens championing Percy Bysshe Shelley, Margaret Drabble on William Wordsworth and Don Paterson writing in praise of Robert Burns.  [In addition,] you can listen to readings of the featured poet's poems, join our daily discussions of their seminal works with the books blog's poet-in-residence, Carol Rumens, and download this week's books podcast, in which literary editor Claire Armitstead talks to Andrew Motion and the series editor, Nicholas Wroe, about the Romantics' legacy.
It's only Monday, and there's already all kinds of really cool stuff posted.  Check it out.  You'll be so glad you did.

And may I say, this just made my day--or, more accurately, my week.  I freaking love the internet.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails