Thursday, February 11, 2010

The "Great Loves of Literature" Free Valentines

(Note: I'm testing how much traffic I get by including the word "free" in the title of a post.  I'll keep you updated!)

For those of you who still haven't figured out what to give your sweetie for Valentines Day, allow me to present my "Great Loves of Literature" Valentines.  They'll be sure to encourage an emotional response in the recipient, one way or the other.  (And, yes, I did actually use scissors and tape for these.  Photoshop what?)

Wuthering Heights, by Charlotte Bronte:


Nothing says "I love you" more than marrying another dude.

Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen:


I really hope everyone knows that the "wet shirt" scene is not actually in the book. Trust me. I've read it.

On the Road, by Jack Kerouac:


The original bromance.

2 comments:

Homero said...

I too have read that book, and I'm pretty sure tehre is a wet t-shirt scene.

Pretty sure.

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

I read a HORRIBLE romance novel called (and I'm embarrassed to even type this) SEDUCING MR. DARCY in which a character enters P&P the novel and finds Mr. Darcy crawling out of a lake. She thinks to herself, "Huh, this must be the wet shirt scene" and I started uncontrollably shuddering... and not in a good way.

In my defense, I was ill and therefore bed ridden and it was the perfect time to read bad romance novels. This one was just worse than most.

Related Posts with Thumbnails