Saturday, March 6, 2010

Denver Events: Dan Simmons (TONIGHT)

Dan Simmons, local science fiction / horror writer, will be at the Colfax Tattered Cover tonight at 6:30 pm.  Here's the blurb from the Tattered Cover website:
Colorado author Dan Simmons, celebrated for his science fiction, horror and history novels, including the Hyperion books, The Terror, and Drood, will read from and sign his new historic ghost story Black Hills ($25.99 Reagan Arthur Books). Seamlessly weaving together the stories of Paha Sapa, a young Sioux warrior, General George Armstrong Custer, Mount Rushmore, and the American West, Simmons depicts a tumultuous time in the history of both Native and white Americans.
Somewhat unrelated, I'm sure Mr. Simmons is wishing that Nora Roberts hadn't recently come out with a novel also titled Black Hills, because the heavyweight "contemporary women's" author takes up the first bajillion google results in a quicky search online.

For more Denver "literary" events (and a map showing the location of the Colfax Tattered Cover), see the Calendar of Denver "Literary" Events.

5 comments:

Corey Redekop said...

I seriously would harm someone to be able to meet Simmons. Damn geographic barriers!

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

That's one thing I love about Denver--we're big enough to have noteworthy people come through, and small enough that I can walk there.

Winky Wooster said...

I enjoyed his Hyperion series, but Children of the Night is awesome. I like his take on a modern day Dracula.

Cozy Book Nook said...

How Cool! I enjoyed Simmons Ilium/olympos books. I like living the rural life but Denver sounds nice-- small and big at the same time. I'm 2 hrs from a city so miss lots of good stuff.

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

I grew up in a suburban/rural area, if that makes any sense, so I'm absolutely loving the city. Of course, I lived in LA for two years and hated it. Denver has the best of both worlds for sure!

It doesn't have a very well-organized "literary" scene, so I'm trying to at least gather all the information together here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails