Tuesday, March 30, 2010

You Can't Fight the Twilight: Chapter Seven

"And it felt good, despite my depression, to make him happy."

Chapter Seven
I had a nightmare that was a little heavy on the foreshadowing last night--Jacob turned in a wolf and then Edward showed up and got in a fight with the wolf.  I was so scared I woke up in a sweat.  Then I did a bunch of stuff (like take a shower and get dressed) that has nothing to do with my storyline, then sat down and did an internet search on vampires which I explain in excrutiating detail.  My final verdict: I'm still not sure if Edward Cullen is a vampire, and it takes me four pages to reach that conclusion.

Anyway, I did a bunch of other tedious things like homework and walking around, and then I went to school and Mike asked me out because I'm like a siren for all males.  I told him it would hurt Jessica's feelings and then do some other everyday stuff.

Ironically enough, my favorite things to read are all from the eighteenth century (rather than fluffy, contemporary tween literature about vampires), so I sat outside and tried to read some Jane Austen books (Sense and Sensability and Mansfield Park), but they all reminded me of him because apparently just the names Edward and Edmund make me think of him.  I just decided to take a nap, which is about as  thrilling to read about as you would expect.  Made dinner for Charlie, watched tv, blah blah blah.  For a character in a book that is best classified as escapist reading, I sure do a lot of boring stuff.

Anyway, I'm going shopping with my new girlfriends because I'm the most popular boring person ever, apparently.  Should be exciting.

6 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Lindsay, I have just read your other Twilight chapter summaries and I am having a good night! =P Thanks for the laughs. You have Bella absolutely pegged, by the way--but that's obvious, right?

In this post, you bring up one thing that has bothered me since I first read the book: Why was Bella so credulous of Jacob's legend about the Cullens being vampires?

Meyer is trying to make Bella look like some really great detective--with googling skills to match her intution--but it's less a case of being smart enough to put two and two together, as it is of making a completely crazy guess and getting it right by pure dumb luck.

To get more technical, this part of the story is neither character driven nor plot driven. It's just forced along.

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

If someone told me that another person was a vampire, my first thought would be, "I don't believe in vampires," not "but I luuuuuurve him!" She doesn't even wrestle with the idea that vampires might not exist--she just jumps straight to the fact that it CAN'T be true, it just CAN'T!

This chapter was so freaking boring, between her google search and the listing of household duties. I'm amazed the series is so popular, when it's so sloooooow. I guess I'm more used to the wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am style of romances aimed at people with reading levels greater than sixth grade.

Homero said...

"wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am style of romances"

*snicker*

Taking things out of context is fun.

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

Haha, I see you too went to college. I'll see your "out of context" and raise you "blatantly manipulative ellipses": "I [...] luuuuuurve [...] wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am [...] romances."

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Heck, I know some girls who claim to believe in vampires whose first thought at the idea that someone they actually know is indeed a vampire would be, "But that's crazy . . ."

Bella is just not reasonable!

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

The only vampires I believe in are those I saw in one of those sex documentaries on late-night VH1 (or MTV, I can't remember which) where these people crave raw food and drink each other's blood.

I personally think it's related to some kind of freaky iron deficiency, but my biggest concern was the possibility of rampant diseases ripping through their little community.

Regardless, if I heard a rumor that someone was a vampire, I would immediately think they belonged to some kinky body-fluid sex club.

Related Posts with Thumbnails