Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Not-So-Gentle Viewer: White and Nerdy (2006)

So, this is old and I'm sure everyone's already seen it, but after our nerd-gasm (I just made that up, but you can use it if you want) last week, I thought this Weird Al Yankovic song was entirely appropriate.  (You'll notice, however, that Yankovic combines the criteria for dorky, nerdy, and geeky in this video.)

Also, speaking of nerds, the first time I heard the line, "They see me rollin' on my Segway," I thought he was referring to a segue, or "an uninterrupted transition made between one musical section or composition and another" (according to dictionary.com), not a two-wheeled, self-balancing vehicle.  Not only did I think he meant "segue," I laughed my ass off.

2 comments:

Winky Wooster said...

Yeah, that video is funny. So which of the three axes (i.e. nerd, geek, dork) does this reinforce for you by posting this. :)

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

Well, given that it's posted on a literary blog, I'd have to say "nerd" all the way. Not that that's any big surprise haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails