Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Not-So-Gentle Viewer: Henry V (1989)

It's very rare that I see any references to Shakespeare in "real life," so when I do I get a warm fuzzy feeling all over.  To give a little background, the company for which I work has a very robust intern program, which I volunteered to help support in my own department.  My boss was giving a presentation to all 60+ interns about one of the company's core values, which just happened to be "People and Passion," something he belives in very strongly (which is incredibly lucky for me). 

Anyway, to help prove his point about people and passion to a bunch of science-and-math students, he decided to enlist the help of the Bard and show them a clip from Kenneth Branagh's Henry V.  He asked me beforehand if he thought they would be open to it, and while I might not have been the best subject for an unbiased poll, I said yes.

To be honest, I had never seen or read Henry V before, so it was interesting to see where "we few, we happy few, we band of brothers," first came from.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails