Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Yet More Proof That All Parents Are Screwing Up Their Children One Book At A Time

I don't really have much to say about the declining popularity of children's picture books other than this: my mom used to buy me clothes that were three sizes too big so that I could wear them for a while.  When I buy books for kids, I generally go at least one level up so that they'll be able to grow into them.  I don't really want to pay good money for a Dick and Jane book that the kid's going to outgrow in a week, anyway.  In addition, I was reading chapter books by the time I was in first grade, so I don't really see a problem with it.

On the other hand, picture books can be freaking awesome.

Either way, parents will be accused of ruining their childrens' lives, so it's kind of a lose/lose.

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Not three sizes!

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

Yes, huh! At least for shirts. It's all right, though. Baggy was in in the 90s. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails