While 500 posts sounds like a lot of work (and actually is, if you figure at least five minutes a post), what I find interesting about all of this are the top Not-So-Gentle posts of all time:
- Friday Featured Comic: The Bronte Sisters: viewed 860 times.
Say, what? My top post is a comic by Kate Beaton? Talk about demeaning.
- A Feminist Reading of Cormac McArthy's The Road: viewed 537 times.
Well, that's a little bit better, especially since this was a post I struggled to write and actually sweated bullets of intellect over.
- Review: The Magus, by John Fowles: viewed 348 times.
I think this goes to show that there isn't really enough out there about The Magus... because I really didn't say anything earth shattering about it.
- Killing Time Online: Hot Guys Reading: viewed 161 times.
- Dr. Seuss Goes to War: viewed 150 times.
And... I contributed nothing to this. Nothing.
I guess these 2057 page views act as a lesson for all of us about page views: mainly, that you can't guarantee that something that is well-written will get you as many page views as putting "dude watching" or "hot guys" in the subject line. Sigh.