Thursday, December 30, 2010

500 Posts!

While 500 posts sounds like a lot of work (and actually is, if you figure at least five minutes a post), what I find interesting about all of this are the top Not-So-Gentle posts of all time:
  1. Friday Featured Comic: The Bronte Sisters: viewed 860 times.

    Say, what?  My top post is a comic by Kate Beaton?  Talk about demeaning.

  2. A Feminist Reading of Cormac McArthy's The Road: viewed 537 times.

    Well, that's a little bit better, especially since this was a post I struggled to write and actually sweated bullets of intellect over.

  3. Review: The Magus, by John Fowles: viewed 348 times.

    I think this goes to show that there isn't really enough out there about The Magus... because I really didn't say anything earth shattering about it.

  4. Killing Time Online: Hot Guys Reading: viewed 161 times.

    Um... yeah.

  5. Dr. Seuss Goes to War: viewed 150 times.

    And... I contributed nothing to this.  Nothing.
I guess these 2057 page views act as a lesson for all of us about page views: mainly, that you can't guarantee that something that is well-written will get you as many page views as putting "dude watching" or "hot guys" in the subject line. Sigh.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails