For some reason, this week's Dog Ears are kind of depressing me. Of course, that could be because this is the last week before I fly home for Christmas and it's draaaaaagging.
- Read "Navigating Past Nihilism," a really interesting article about how "it is no longer obvious what our most fundamental commitments are."
- There's a new Jane Austen remake in the works, in the form of From Prada to Nada.
- The Guardian has an interesting article entitled, "When Will English Come to a Full Stop?"
- Here's proof of just how desperate the publishing industry makes writers: "Would-Be Authors Get a Chance at a Happy Ending." (And not the kind of happy ending you're thinking of.)
- Want to see Gabriel Garcia Marquez dancing to Shakira? Of course you do.