Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Great Gobs of Great Gatsby!

"But above the gray land and the spasms of bleak dust which drift endlessly over it, you perceive, after a moment, the eyes of Doctor T. J. Eckleburg." --The Great Gatsby
I think the universe is trying to tell me to re-read The Great Gatsby. Upon going to Galveston a couple of weeks ago, I stumbled across this sign hanging in front of a store and had to document it for posterity (since the first thing it made me think of was Doctor T.J. Eckleburg).

Then Homero, my fellow English-major-in-arms, sent me a link to the NES Great Gatsby Game, an incredibly difficult game that makes it incredibly easy to kill time.

Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling my copy of F. Scott Fitzgerald's most famous work is in my parents' garage.  D'oh!

2 comments:

Homero said...

I haven't read that book since high school, but I remember really disliking it and thinking that it was really overrated. It fell out of print for how long?
And how have you done on the NES game? I seriously can't get past the damn fountains.

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

I wouldn't say it was my favorite book ever written, but I did enjoy parts of it... and the eye imagery really stuck in my head.


And I never got past the fountains, but I think part of that's because it just seems like a story that is not at all made to be a video game. "Hi! I'm Nick and I'm running through a house throwing hats at waiters!"

Related Posts with Thumbnails