Sunday, February 6, 2011

On the Road (Again)

Huh.  So they're making a film version of On the Road, starring Sam Riley as Sal Paradise, Garret Hedland as Dean Moriarty, and everyone's favorite sullen actress as Marylou.  (I kid, I kid.  I have no idea if Kristen Stewart is everyone's favorite sullen actress.)

Anyway, even though I know I'll probably see this once it comes out on DVD, part of me is expecting it to be something like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.  I'm just not entirely convinced that these kind of books should be made into those kinds of movies.

2 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

When this post showed up on my reader, the picture was too small to see and I had a short while to wonder who "everyone's favourite sullen actress" could possibly be.

Of course, my first guess was Kristin Stewart. LOL!

But the only reason she's my "favourite" is that I can't think of anyone else . . . Unless Ellen Page counts as sullen . . . And even then, Bella Swan trumps everybody.

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

She just seems to have a permanent sour expression on her face... I mean, not that I wouldn't if I were being stalked by the paparazzi, but still.

Related Posts with Thumbnails