Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day Jobs, Creativity, and Copyright Law

Oh, wait, he managed to make this his day job.  Color me bitter.
There's a really interesting interview by Bill Morris with artist Alfred Steiner over at The Millions entitled "Is Copyright a Guardian Angel or a Killer of Creativity?"  In it, Morris and Steiner discuss "day jobs" vs. creative endeavors and the different role that copyright law plays in the art world vs. the world of literature.  You should check it out.

For those of you interested in the tension between creativity and day jobs, check out this video of author Scott Belsky on creativity plateaus and how to conquer them.  I love this kind of stuff.

2 comments:

happyname34 said...

I like how you chose the boxes from Marfa.

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

Well they made a huge impression on me, in a "I can't believe this is considered art" kind of way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails