Monday, March 28, 2011

The Problem With Books...

... is that they weigh the same amount as a pile of bricks but are like cocaine in paper form when it comes to getting rid of them. Regardless of whether or not libraries actually sink under the weight of books, my arms will be sinking this week as I begin packing my books up in preparation for moving apartments in a couple of weeks. 

(And for those of you who think this would be a good opportunity for me to begin purging books from my collection, rest assured that I'm like those people on Hoarders or Intervention when it comes to my books.  It doesn't matter if I haven't read Robin McKinley's The Blue Sword since high school. I might want to read it tomorrow and am emotionally invested in keeping it around.  Pity my parents--they have nine boxes of my books in their garage still, and (knowing me) I won't be getting rid of any of them.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One day, you're house will smell like a library... My personal hell but, maybe it's your heaven...

Lindsay-with-an-A said...

Since I associate the smell of libraries with musty newspapers and loitering homeless guys, I kind of hope not.

Investment tip of the day: everyone should buy Glade Plug-In stocks in preparation for that day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails