Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday Dog Ears

This week's Dog Ears traces the battle of the Brontes (which is not nearly as interesting as Dude Watching with the Brontes) as well as a new Brandon Sanderson project that's in the works:
  • I may have just vomitted in my mouth.  The Daily Beast traces "The Battle of the Brontes," because of course we have to compare Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights... based on their film adaptations.  And mentions in Twilight.  Blech.
  • The LA Times reports that "Fitzgerald Gatsby's house is doomed"... although the house itself is in New York.  Strange.
  • Everyone seems to be talking about Téa Obreht's Tiger Wife, but let me just say here that I'd almost rather be a disappointed-novelist-cum-blogger than have been published in The Atlantic Monthly at age 23 and be the biggest thing to hit publishing at age 25.  There's nowhere to go but down from there...
  • A Brit has put together a list of "The 10 best American poems," only two of which I remember reading.  Either Parini of The Guardian has obscure tastes or the California Public School system failed me... and I'll leave you to decide which it is.
  • What?! Brandon Sanderson is writing another Mistborn novel?  It takes place 300 years later, so the characters will be different, but I'm still more psyched about this than any other book I've heard about recently.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails