Friday, June 17, 2011

Not-So-Gentle (Re)Viewer: The Neverending Story (1984)

Oh, Bastian.

You're so much whinier than six-year-old Lindsay-with-an-A thought you were, but for some reason you've been on my mind a lot this week, to the point that I found The Neverending Story on youtube last night and snuggled down to internally ridicule Eighties fantasy film-making at its best.

Interestingly enough, I managed to enjoy the movie much more than I thought I would, although I also realized that I never actually understood the storyline when I watched it as a child.  The entire concept of a nothing in the form of the world's dying imagination was lost on me, as was the breaking of multiple 4th walls as we watch Bastian watch Atreyu watch his horse die.

Anyway, if you haven't seen this movie recently, check it out, and if you haven't watched the music video recently you should definitely do so immediately.  It's almost as funny as Bastian's acting.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails