Monday, October 3, 2011

Where Do You Like To Do It?

My personal favorite places include:

At a coffee shop
Pros:  Coffee, of course.  Plus there's a natural energy to help when you're trying to plow through things like, oh, I don't know-- Joyce.
Cons: Uncomfortable chairs (sometimes), noisy patrons (often), preponderance of hipsters (always).
At the park
Pros: You can get your vitamin D when you've been trapped inside since May because you live in Houston and the weather's been like God's punishing the whole city for something someone somewhere did.  (If I find that someone, by the way, I'm kicking his ass.)
Cons: You're an easy target for the homeless and crazies, both of whom seem naturally drawn to public places like the park. 
In the bath
Pros: Warm (or boil-a-lobster if you're me) water, and the addition of a glass of wine makes it cliche-perfect.
Cons: Tendency towards getting pruny if you read more than one chapter.  Oh, and whatever you do, don't drop your book.
In bed
Pros: Easy to put book down and go straight to sleep
Cons: Really only applicable right before bed or a nap.... unless you often get into bed in the middle of the day and you want to precede it with a little light reading.  (Speaking of which, did I ever tell you about the time that I went to buy a mattress and the mattress guy was trying to sell me on the Tempurpedic and told me that the memory foam mattresses aren't good for "recreational activity." When I asked him to clarify with an icy "Excuse me?" he blushed and stammered that he was referring to reading and watching TV.  Uh huh.)
On the couch
Pros: Convenient
Cons: Boring.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails